Throughout the year, Austin promotes a diverse event scene, from top-tier music festivals to family-friendly fun. Immerse yourself in Austin’s event scene during your stay at The Driskill, and explore these top events held throughout the year.
- South by Southwest®- Alternatively known as SXSW®, this one-of-a-kind interactive festival features live music and panels focused on art, film, and more over the span of 10 days.
- Zilker Park Kite Festival - Join in and fly kites within Zilker Park's expanse of greenery at this annual family-friendly event.
- Zilker Garden Festival - This long-standing festival is held each spring, with stands offering a variety of plants and handmade wares, along with a Flower Show and Kids’ Corner.
- Austin MotoGP Championship - The Grand Prix of the Americas has been held at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, TX since 2013.
- Moontower Comedy Festival- The Moontower Comedy Festival is held at Austin’s Paramount Theatre and welcomes both comedic greats and those on the rise.
- Austin Food + Wine Festival- Hundreds of culinary spots offering eclectic—and delectable—food and drink options, the chance to greet notable chefs, watch interactive demos, and attend nightly festival parties with live music and more.
MAY (and September)
- Pecan Street Festival - One of the largest, and longest-running, arts/crafts and music festivals in the nation dedicated to preserving the integrity of the unique area known as the Sixth Street Historic District.
- Fun Stop 5K & Fest - (formerly known as Keep Austin Weird Fest & 5K) - The wildest, weirdest, and most memorable 5K is also the slowest, with outrageous fun stops along the route.
- Fourth of July Fireworks - Annual family-friendly concert of patriotic music set to a spectacular firework display over Lady Bird Lake.
- Bat Fest - Celebrate the world's largest urban bat colony (1.5 million Mexican Free-Tailed Bats which take up seasonal residence beneath the South Congress Bridge) as they take to the skies each night at sunset.
- Austin City Limits- Nicknamed ACL, this festival held in Zilker Park offers two weekends of live music, with acts from all genres represented.
- Austin Film Festival - Eight-day film festival and four-day conference, with an eclectic roster of movies as well as a host of competitions.
- Texas Book Festival - Among the largest literary festivals in the U.S., where more than 250 authors, live music, and more convene throughout more than 20 Austin venues.
- Formula 1 - The pinnacle of motorsports, the United States Grand Prix is a three-day race that takes place at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, TX. A celebration of speed and sound, this event includes evening concerts with top performing artists.
- Austin Trail of Lights- Since 1965, the Austin Trail of Lights has illuminated the cityscape with more than 2 million lights during the holiday season. Stroll through a lighted tunnel, enjoy performances, and participate in holiday-themed activities.