From cycling to stand-up paddle boarding, exploring wine country to observing bats take flight at sunset, Austin offers an abundance of outdoor activities. And with 300 days of sunshine and an average temperature of 69 degrees, being active in Austin comes naturally.
- Barton Springs - Cool off with a swim in the famous natural spring-fed pool.
- Bike Tour - Cruise the outdoors of Austin by bike and explore sights such as the University of Texas, Texas State Capitol building, and more.
- Hiking Trails - Run or stroll along the 10-mile trail that loops around Lady Bird Lake or venture south to the Barton Creek Greenbelt.
- Lady Bird Lake - Enjoy water activities, such as kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding and boat tours where the Colorado River runs right through downtown Austin.
- South Congress Bridge Bats - Observe a mezmerizing show as the second largest urban bat colony in the world takes flight every sunset from March through November.
- Wine Tours - A lesser known Austin experience is its more than 50 award-wining wineries in the Texas Hill Country.
- Zilker Park - Known as the venue to outdoor festivals with a panoramic view of downtown, this expansive park near Barton Springs and Lady Bird Lake offers trails, gardens, volleyball courts and shaded areas perfect for relaxing.